Re: Classic Insurance

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Classic Insurance
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 18:06:30 -0400
At 01:31 PM 4/12/00 -0500, Kirby T. Kenyon wrote:

>Since we're all talking about insurance, I decided to get off my duff and
get some on my '80
>Spit.  I had contacted Haggerty and they gave me a price quote last fall
but I never got
>around to changing so I called to verify and they no longer insure
anything less than 25 years
>old.  They referred me to Parish Motorsports who gave me a good quote.
>
>Anyone have experience with them?
>
>Anyone know of another company that will insure our "too new" 20+ year old
cars?

Kirby,

   I don't have any experience with Paish, but as to other antique insurers,
check out the article on car insurance on my Morgan web page:

http://www.team.net/www/morgan

Unless JC Taylor has reciently changed their requirements, they cover cars
15 yrs and older.

A personal note.  I currently have both my 77 Spit and 71 Sonett III insured
with JC Taylor.  However, if you can qualify for Hagerty, it is a lot better
deal.  Just check out their policy info on the web page:

http://www.hagerty.com/

John

Morgan:    www.team.net/www/morgan
Bricklin:  www.bricklin.org