80 Plastic Bumpers, restoring/changing color?

To: "'Spitfires@autox.team.net'" <Spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: 80 Plastic Bumpers, restoring/changing color?
From: G faber <gfaber@fast.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2000 13:20:19 -0400
My 80 spitfire has those big plastic bumpers, Most I've seen are
usually  black, but
mine are grey, I thought they were just oxidized but after really
working on them they
are grey, question is Can I make them black, has anybody found some kind
on magic stuff  for doing this. I figure Im probably stuck with grey and
don't want to waste my efforts in painting them
Also am I correct to assume the earlier rear chrome bumpers  74 vintage
will bolt
right up without major modifications?  I know the front one is  a major
pain to convert to chrome
Thank All
Cheers
Gerry            Honey Brook, PA