RE: Engine Stands & Such

To: "'Flinthoof Ponypal'" <Flinters@picarefy.com>, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Engine Stands & Such
From: "Bowen, Patrick A RP2" <PABowen@sar.med.navy.mil>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2000 08:36:43 -0400
Dan, I just did this yesterday.  you need 5/16 inch X 2inch long fine thread
bolts (24 TPI). If your engine stand is similar to mine (arms are about 1
inch thick)  Here is another problem that should easily be overcame.  The
Spit engine was too small for my engine stand.  Expect to drill new holes in
the arms of the stand aboout half way out to save you some trouble.
Otherwise you can not get the arms in close enough to bolt on to.  (actually
there is a way, but it will cause interference with other stuff (i.e. the
crank) and is a pain.