RE: Engine Stands & Such

To: "'Flinthoof Ponypal'" <Flinters@picarefy.com>, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Engine Stands & Such
From: "Bowen, Patrick A RP2" <PABowen@sar.med.navy.mil>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2000 08:37:58 -0400
Quick Question, you mentioned the bellhousing bolts?  I bolted my engine
directly to the block (back engine plate off).  The directions would be
different if mounting to the back engine plate (I would use the bellhousing
bolts and nuts)  But I am not sure if it is a wise idea to mount to it as
the weight of the engine might bend the back plate.  Has anyone done this?

Patrick Bowen