Re: Throttle control problems

To: Dean Dashwood <Dean.Dashwood@enron.com>
Subject: Re: Throttle control problems
From: "T. .R. Dafforn" <td214@cam.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2000 17:12:45 +0100
Hi Dean,
Richard Gosling as contacted me off list, suggesting that it may be the result
of
worn throttle shafts, and recomends replacing them and putting bushes into the
carb
body to run them in...
Have you tried this?
I also thuought that the pistons may be sticking,
but
1) Does this result in over-reving?
2) I cleaned mine before I went for the run...
As to living with it, stopping in traffic and waiting to find out just how many
rpm
a spit engine will do before the pistons leap through the bonnet looses its
attraction after a while!!
Thanks for the Help
keep me informed
Tim