Re: carpet sets

To: "spitfires@autox.team.net" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: carpet sets
From: "alemen@pop.ftconnect.com" <alemen@pop.ftconnect.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2000 12:17:13 -0400
John, I ordered one a couple of months back when it was on their special list.

I had the choice of cut or loop pile. I chose loop to be nearer to the original.

So far it is not all in the car. Comes as a set of pieces compared to the
original molded one.for the main floor piece. No real problem fitting. Just a
couple of tuck and snip for the rear parts, seat belt and seta mounting holes.
I used the old rubber piece that pushes onto the rear floor as that was not
supplied. I belive it is intended for the new carpet to go over that.

Have not finished due to transmission removal for the clutch. But the carpets
were edged where necessary and look like all the parts should fit.
Also when the carpet was out I took the time to add additional
insulation/soundproofing.

All that is left in fact is the transmission tunnel cover and the front foot
wells. I tryed in place and they looked great before I pulled the tranny out.

Just can't wait to finish the clutch ( now I need a brass release lever pivot
bushing) so it will be another week.

Alan