Re: Throttle control problems

To: "Dean Dashwood" <Dean.Dashwood@enron.com>, <td214@cam.ac.uk>,
Subject: Re: Throttle control problems
From: wizardz@maxinter.net
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2000 13:47:58 -0400
check for the amount of freeplay you have in the choke linkage rod where
the screw passes through it and into the bottom end of the jet.
I've seen perfectly good carb setups that ran like crap (unpredictable idle)
because the hole wears out and you can move your jet body up and
down as much as two 'needle stages'.  This also will limit how well
the choke return spring seats the jet tube when you release the choke.
This can amount to as much as 6 'flats' worth of slop in your mixture settings.

Paul Tegler  wizardz@toad.net   http://www.teglerizer.com (new layout)
OBie - '73 BGT - daily driver
Punkin' - '78 Spitfire - corner ripping screamer
Lil' Greenee - '73 RWA Midget - lady killer