Re: Spitfire 1500 oil filter problems

To: 105671.471@compuserve.com, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Spitfire 1500 oil filter problems
From: Growe58@aol.com
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2000 17:29:00 EDT
FWIW, I have the same problem.  If the adaptor is screwed flush with the
block, there are an inadequate amount of threads to bite into the oil filter.
My solution, inelegant and probably incorrect, is to thread the adaptor only
about half way into the block which re-allocates sufficient "threadage" to
grab the oil filter.  I have had no problem with this setup for many 10s of
thousands of miles with both the Fram and AC Delco filters...

Greg Rowe
78 Spitfire