Re: More power

To: "Banbury, Terrence" <Terrence.Banbury@dnr.state.oh.us>,
Subject: Re: More power
From: "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2000 14:40:02 -0700
Count me in with this!!  The only difference is, I've got a Weber DGV
conversion already and the
L-O-U-D Monza exhaust (that I think the fiberglass fell out of years ago).
My Spitfire is still a slowpoke.

Same engine. Except mine is the English home market high compression
version.

A good friend who has worked on the car with me suggested that I start by
performance tuning my Weber and that it's probably set up for good mileage
rather than performance.  Of course, I have no idea where to begin.  I had
an inkling of how to tune twin SU's from having owned another Spitfire and
MGA, but it looks like I need to buy a book on the Weber and go from there.
Of course, a new set of plugs probably wouldn't hurt -- and a Pertronix
electronic ignition is on my future shopping list, too.  But right now, I
gotta take care of my TAXES.  ARGH!!!

Best wishes,

Jeff in San Diego

'67 RHD Spitfire Mk3 aka "Mrs. Jones"