Rear Spring and other questions

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Rear Spring and other questions
From: "David A.Templeton" <davidt@opentext.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2000 01:00:07 -0400
Good evening all,

I have taken out the tired rear spring out of the spit and almost ready to
put the replacement in ( looks really nice blasted and painted :-)  ).  One
small concern I have is about the studs on top of the diff.  How do I seat
them to make sure they are in the diff correctly?

I used the double nut method to get them off, does this also work to put
them back on, this time tightening down on the top nut?

Also, I have a question about Angelo's question about restoring the leather
seats in his car.  Could you not use saddle soap and mink oil?  I mean I
have used this combination on my boots and lots of people use it on saddles.
Just a question, I really don't want to start a debate on this.

I just started the spit after it sitting idle for 36 hours and it seems to
take 2-3 minutes of cranking before she will start.  Is this okay for a 6
cyl ( GT6 or TR6 people? ).  Or is there something I need/could check?

Thanks and regards

David A. Templeton
mailto::davidt@opentext.com