Re: Seat foams

To: <john@triumphspitfire.com>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Seat foams
From: "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2000 09:20:57 -0700
John,

Count your blessings that correct seat foams are available for your car and
make the investment.  The PO of my car didn't have foams (they were not
available at that time) and the resulting reuphostery was a sloppy mess.

Good foams make all the difference in the world as far as form and fit are
concerned.  You might be able to find a local uphostery shop though that can
fabricate everything for you, for the same or less than you'd pay for a kit.
I bought my seat covers during a winter sale ($179 for the pair) and gladly
spent the extra bread for the seat foams.  Well worth it, IMHO.

Best wishes,

Jeff in San Diego

'67 RHD Spitfire Mk3 aka "Mrs. Jones"
Jeff's Classic '67 Spitfire Mk3 site