Re: Convertible Top

To: Douglas Braun & Nadia Papakonstantinou <dougnad@bellatlantic.net>,
Subject: Re: Convertible Top
From: Fred Griffiths <griffco@mail.cadvision.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2000 13:52:56 -0600
Hi all,
    with respect to getting the new top tight, I wonder about the following:

My old top is rarely put up.  When I did need it recently, I tried to put it up
only to
find ti had shrunk.  Couldn't even get the two latches on the front into the
holes.  Snaps
around the rear corners no where near fitting.

So I waited until a very hot day, and FORCED it up.  Got the latch pins in, but
still can't
get the corners snaps done up.

So I went to an upholstery shop that specializes in tops and boat covers and
asked if roofs
do indeed shrink.  His reply "certainly do".

Therefore how logical is it to install a new roof tight, knowing it will shrink
anyway.
Seems like buying jeans with the legs *just* long enough!

--
Fred & Wendy Griffiths,
Calgary, Canada