Great expectations...........

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Great expectations...........
From: DTait44495@aol.com
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2000 21:01:57 EDT
Several months ago I picked up a Weber DGV for my 78 Spit to replace the
Stromberg that I had been wanting to replace due to the many inherent
problems it had. So I bought an electric choke model and finished installing
it this afternoon in "expectation " of taking it out for the first time this
year, in Michigan it was a beautiful day today.

Well, got the plumbing all set and cranked it up, nothing!  Thought well it
is empty and a squirt of starting fluid would do the trick. It fired and ran
as long as the ether held out.  Head scratching time, dig out the very scant
instructions sent with the kit to see if there was something that I might
have missed.

The fuel pump is putting out. When I pump the carburetor I get a squirt of
gas, that's OK I think, but am I getting fuel thru the jets to fire the
engine?  Or is there a set of shipping screws that must be removed to allow
the floats to operate??

Well,  I am lost. Gave up for the evening, hoping that may be somebody who
has gone down the Weber conversion trail before me might be able to shed some
light, and give me a tip or two.

So any help would be appreciated, and may be tomorrow we will be on the
road.... Thanks   Dave Tait......
                        78 Spit-Jezebel