Re: Distributor advance/retard -- what gives?

To: Spit list <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Distributor advance/retard -- what gives?
From: Mike Ginter <mginter@concentric.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2000 16:40:57 -0600
There are others that can answer the technical side of this question far
better than I, but I can tell you that retard your timing too much will
decrease performance while advancing it will increase performance.  I
know that too much retard can harm an engine, and I am sure the opposite
is true (too much advance), but I don't know exactly what the long term
effects would be.  I can tell you this though, get a timing light so you
can tell how much you are advancing your timing.

Mike