RE: The Difference 'tween Triumph and Jaguar owners

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: The Difference 'tween Triumph and Jaguar owners
From: "Simmons, Reid W" <reid.w.simmons@intel.com>
Date: Fri, 19 May 2000 13:42:09 -0700
Jay;

Welcome fellow "nut case".  I too love all British cars (yes, even MGs) and
would love to own a Jaguar XKE but at $25K-$35K for a decent one I don't
think I will be owning one anytime soon!  I interpreted the comments made on
this list about Jaguar owners to be in reference to the perceived "type" of
person that can usually afford one: "mindless, clueless, yuppies with too
much money". :-)
However, many owners of these fine automobiles are in fact not yuppies but
good, hardworking, intelligent, useful people like yourself who also love
British cars.

This is probably going to start a thread on yuppie jokes.

Reid
'79 Spitfire (original owner)

P.S.  I consider yuppie to be an unflattering term.  The last person who
dared to call me a yuppie required extensive plastic surgery to his face
afterwards!!!