RE: The Difference 'tween Triumph and Jaguar owners

To: spitfires@autox.team.net, "'Jay S Baker'" <jayb@2xtreme.net>
Subject: RE: The Difference 'tween Triumph and Jaguar owners
From: "Banbury, Terrence" <Terrence.Banbury@dnr.state.oh.us>
Date: Fri, 19 May 2000 16:52:09 -0400
I'm glad you stopped lurking and chimed in, Jay.  I will speak for most on
the list (though I have no right to do so, and everyone is free to disagree)
and say there is no animosity here towards LBC owners of any stripe.  It is
only good natured kidding.  Much like the professional rivalry between
engineers, architects, lawyer, doctors, etc.    We only poke fun at the
stereotypes, and don't have ingrained hatred, etc.  This is not a hate
group.  Many of us own vehicles of various "ethnic" groups.  I personally
appreciate big American cars, muscle cars, big SUVs, all British cars,
motorcycles,... It is just humor.  I personally would love to own a Jag and
I would be anything but a stereotypical Jag owner.  If nothing else the
thread has a redeeming value because you were motivated to share your
thoughts and I'll bet you can bring a unique perspective to the list.

Life is too short to alienate groups of people based on negative
generalizations.
It is equally too short to laugh at that part of ourselves we see in other
people.  Anyway, enjoy...must be nice to be able to pick which classic
British car you cruise in.  ;-)

Terrence N. Banbury
1967 SPITFIRE MK III
1988 Honda Accord lX