Re: So, who wants to sell me a Spitfire OD tranny?

To: Spitfire Mail List <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: So, who wants to sell me a Spitfire OD tranny?
From: Dean Rayner <deanr@saville.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2000 10:51:48 +0100
on 24/5/00 6:45 am, Chris De Wet at DeWetC1@sapo.co.za spoke forth:

> Ed
> Maybe not in the USA , but in South Africa totally unobtainable !
> Please provide me with your asking price ( if for sale ) . Condition ?
> TIA
> Chris de Wet
> PO Box 472 , Ifafi , 0260 , South Africa .
> One '56 TR 3 with o/d , two Heralds and four early Spitfires without o/d .

My Triumph advisors do not recommend putting a late gearbox-o/d into an
early spit.  The later gearbox has higher ratios for the greater torque
produced by that engine.  Also the diff ratios will be wrong.

If you have a 3 synchro box, you should replace it with a 3 synchro with 'D'
type o/d and not a 4 synchro box.

Dean Rayner. (UK)