RE: Shocking shifting

To: "David Moag" <moag@ix.netcom.com>, "Bill Miller" <millerb@netusa1.net>,
Subject: RE: Shocking shifting
From: John Dowson <jdo@star.le.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2000 09:39:08 +0100
Hi everyone,

I suggest that a voltage high enough to give you a small shock is from the back
emf generated by the O/D solenoid.
Break any inductive circuit and you will get a high voltage generated,
thats why
good electrical design requires a diode across a coil to suppress this voltage
and prevent circuit damage.

Regards

John