RE: Shocking shifting

To: "Chip Kigar" <ckigar@sound.net>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Shocking shifting
From: "Bill Miller" <millerb@netusa1.net>
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2000 21:26:04 -0500
Don't look for a frayed OD wire....  You can't get shocked from 12VDC (go
touch the two battery terminals with your hands!)

It is most likely a static electricity shock.  Cars actually generate a lot
of static electricity!  Remember the static strips people use to run,
dragging them on the ground from their bumpers?

Or check if someone hooked a spark plug wire up to the shifter.  (actually,
I've done something similar to a friends car several years ago, but that's a
whole different story!)

Static electricity or your coil is the only thing you can get shocked from
on your car.

-Bill