Navigating the easy way (was Re: Single rail vs three rail - what's the

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Navigating the easy way (was Re: Single rail vs three rail - what's the diff?)
From: "Suzie" <suzie_bear@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2000 19:04:07 +0100
That's my sort of navigating. I don't like to be in a rush to get anywhere,
and I hate motorways so I always allow plenty of time and start out with a
vague idea of which direction I'm heading then stick to all the backroads,
hence 7 hours to get from the south coast to Derbyshire last year, rather
than perhaps 2 or 3.

At least on a quiet back road, especially with full cloud cover when I lose
my sense of direction, I can pull over to check the map to make sure I'm
heading in approximately the right direction, not so easy on the motorway.
Maybe I should add a compass to the essential emergency toolkit of mobile
phone, AA card & bag of sweeties?

I recently heard of someone heading to East Anglia from hereabouts who was
given directions to go on the M25 anti-clockwise and thru the Dartford
tunnel. Unfortunately they took the wrong direction and after circling
London 3 times clockwise realised they'd seen the tunnel before and finally
cottoned on to the fact they were heading the wrong way.

At least I haven't done that! - and I've seen a lot of pretty English
countryside too, most of which I'd never find again either.

Suzie