Re: Run it Hard!!

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Run it Hard!!
From: Douglas Frank <frank@zk3.dec.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Jun 2000 14:10:27 -0400
Jeff McNeal wrote:

> Look at it this way...  I sold my original '67 Mk3 in 1979 and
> spent the next twenty one years having occasional dreams about
> finding it again under a tarp somewhere until this past Fall when
> something inside me SNAPPED and I had the sudden and CONSUMING
> OBSESSION to find that car (or one just like it) again!  Think
> of all the stress you've saved yourself!!

I'll 2nd that emotion.  My 1st car was a '72 GT6.  Dumbest thing
I ever did was trade it for an X-1/9.  Last year, my 20 yr.-old
nephew took me out to see the new Austin Powers movie, 'Shagged.'

During a scene on Carnaby Street, as I was in riverie wondering

w h a t   a s s   i s   r e s p o n s i b l e   f o r   t h e

d i s a p p e a r a n c e   o f   t h e   M I N I S K I R T ?!!!,

a GT6 flashed across the screen.  Oh, man, they got me at a
vulnerable moment.  So now I own another one.

Gonna kill that kid....
--
Douglas Frank Compaq Computer Corp.  Larceny, n.  A sturdy fiber
ZKO           110 Spit Brook Rd.      of which the human heart is