parts needed

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: parts needed
From: HD50EL@aol.com
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2000 17:39:28 EDT
I just removed the rear bumper from my Spit, and found that it had been hit
before, and it is bent up pretty badly. It looks as though they replaced the
large center portion that bolts over the main bumper bar. Now, since I
already need to replace the front overriders, I think that I might get a set
of the plastic underriders for the front, and use the earlier rear bumper on
the back to give it a cleaner look, but I have not decided yet. I'll see
which parts I turn up first before I make my decision. The front bumper was
bent slightly, but fortunately I had a spare set aside. I have decided
however to do away with the side marker lights, and weld the holes shut, as
the ones that are on it are trashed anyway. I have also decided that I am
going to use the set of wire wheels that I have, after I have them blasted
and powdercoated of course. I will be talking with my painter tonight about
the color I intend to use on the Spit, it's a really nice looking blue
metallic pearlcoat. Well, that's all for now.

John C. Smith
75 Spitfire "Bad Mojo"