Problems, once again

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Problems, once again
From: SpitfireKP@aol.com
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2000 20:58:45 EDT
OK - I thought I sent this yesterday, but now I am getting indications that I
didn't. And all this time I thought no one cared...

First, has anyone found an online source for Spitfire parts? This leads me to
my next question - does anyone have a good condition rear axle for a 74 Spit
1500 that they are looking to get rid of? I've been looking online and
finding nothing. I'd like to find a cheaper price than the $150 British
Victoria wants.

My other, slighly less time sensitive problem is one that y'all can probably
help me with. My car gets EXTREMELY hot in the cockpit, particularly around
the occupants' legs. It is tolerable for short trips, but anything over an
hour in the summer heat is very uncomfortable. The engine is running at the
correct temp., and I have installed heat/sound proofing material around the
tranny tunnel, but it has not helped at all. Any suggestions would be greatly
appreciated.

Kristopher Powell
1974 Triumph Spitfire 1500