RHD headlight questions

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: RHD headlight questions
From: "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2000 22:57:29 -0700
I've seen comments on the list before about how RHD headlights "dip" to the
left.  Is that why most of the light from my headlights is concentrated on
the left side of the road while I'm driving?  Is it posible to simply re-aim
my headlights with the adjusters or do I need to replace the lamps in order
to align them for U.S. roads?

Also, I've noticed that when using the flasher, the low beams stay on and
the high beams engage, making for a brighter output than when the high beams
are turned on alone.  Any way to rig up a switch that will keep both low and
high beams on for those occasions where I'm driving in areas without
streetlights and little or no oncoming traffic?

Best wishes,

Jeff in San Diego

'67 RHD Spitfire Mk3 aka "Mrs. Jones"
home of the NEW Totally Triumph Auction
and... The Triumph Autos/Parts Wanted Listings
http://www.ohms.com/cgi-bin/TRwanted.cgi
...plus a few other surprises!