More Clutch Q's?

To: "Spitfire" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: More Clutch Q's?
From: "Jason K. Cullum" <jcullum@chorus.net>
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2000 22:07:45 -0500
Well, I checked everything I can think of and got suggestions for to figure
out why my new clutch isn't releasing. I have now pulled the transmission
again and removed the new clutch, yes the disk was in the right way. My
question on this is, I ordered the clutch kit from BP Northwest and when it
came in I thought it was the wrong one, I have a 63 MK1 with the old style 3
finger clutch and I received a diaphragm style clutch, on further inspection
I found that all dimensions were identical, I called BPNW and asked, he said
it was the correct one, they made an upgraded diaphragm plate for them. The
only difference I can see is in the disk itself, the original is 6 1/4"
diameter, the new disk is 6 1/2" diameter, the new one still fits in the
pressure plate but just barely, any shed any light on this???

Thanks Much,
Jason