business ethics = longish

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: business ethics = longish
From: "Fred Thomas" <vafred@erols.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2000 18:18:06 -0400
Listers, I would like to now tell the rest of the story on my post of a
short time back. I had a customer whom had been rejected for VA inspection
for wipers and exhaust (catalytic conv.), when she called, she asked me to
order the parts right away, and she would be by the next day to pay me for
the parts, I ordered a motor from BPNW, and a used converter from Team
Triumph, the next day she came by, and the inspection station was way off
base, these parts were not needed, I called BPNW and the order had already
been shipped, when I explained what happened, he said just refuse delivery
and we'll refund your money, at Team T., they said O/K just send it back,
about 10 days later I received a check from BPNW less 25% plus the shipping
charge, when I called the owner as to what transpired he apologized as he
was not informed, he said I'll correct this today, he refunded me the 25%
PLUS the shipping as he felt he was wrong in not knowing why the part was
returned. On Team T. I waited 4 weeks then he told me no refunds, after a
long discussion , he had not been informed I called the next day, he
refunded my purchase price. Now for the 25.00 special charge, I called
Nisongers about a guage, they said 5/6 weeks, or 3 days for 25.00 extra, I
did not ask for this, they informed me, I also called back 5 other times and
the same tale 25.00 special, come to find out, Mr. Nisonger sold out,
retired and now lives in Florida, to just push other people to the back of
the list and keep charging 25.00 is bad business, the other 2, especially
BPNW will get a lot of my little business.  "FT"