RE: Engine setup Problems

To: "'Phil Johnson'" <spitfire.man@virgin.net>,
Subject: RE: Engine setup Problems
From: "Mitchell, Doug (D.B.)" <dmitchel@ford.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2000 09:32:16 -0400
Phil and Benjamin,

Well, the three things necessary for an engine to run are
fuel, ignition and compression. If you have fuel and spark,
the only thing remaining is compression. Was the engine
running when it came out of the Dolly? The only other thing
that I would look at would be to ensure that the dizzy is
connected to the sparkers in the correct order. Assuming that
the Dolly 1300 is the same as the Spit 1300, firing order is
1-3-4-2. In theory, when number 1 cylinder is at TDC, the
rotor should be pointing at the number one cylinder. Off
the top of my head, I don't remember if the order is
clockwise or anti-clockwise. (Age is catching up). I know
that Joe C. will be able to tell you right away.

Hope this helps,

Doug Mitchell