GASKET UP DATE

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: GASKET UP DATE
From: Thearthurhsmith@cs.com
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2000 13:02:12 EDT

I have in my possession a (stock) GEG517 and GEG414. I am going to use them
for making the patterns and cut some Buna-n gaskets. I am using Buna because
it has a little higher temp tolerance than neoprene. Plus the cam cover
gaskets on my Jag have cork/buna composite gaskets and they work pretty good.
When the patterns are made I may even cut a few cork/buna composite gaskets
for testing. The cost difference could be substantial if they work.

And if your thinking "boy it took him long enough." Think of the fact that I
am laying out a bit of money for the tooling and at best it will take a while
to get it back.