TR owners VRS Jag owners. My over due view

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: TR owners VRS Jag owners. My over due view
From: Thearthurhsmith@cs.com
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2000 13:02:11 EDT
I didn't want to enter the fray but. In all auto groups you have the not so
much motor heads maybe but the kind of guy (or gal) who at least are
interested in the nuts and bolts aspect. Then there is the person who will
take the bucket O' parts to a resto shop and say "fix" without asking how
much.

This kind of thread came up in the Jag list a while back and there is a
definite segmentation of car people. For instance take hot rod owners there
are the buildum them selves and there are the turn key buyers who buy a super
hot rod by Boyd and win the trophies and brag and show them off.

So from my view point there are:

the motor heads    That's most of us

then there are the car lovers    buy a car because its beautiful, drive it
and have a mechanic fix it because they are mechanically challenged.

Then there are the "posers and tossers" (Jag list term?)   the best example
is the TV ad for the Jag S type with Sting. See him sitting in the back seat
so  F'ing bored. To them its not the car and the beauty and mechanicals its
how much F'ing money it cost. That's why there are so many SUVs around, they
cost more to buy, they cost more to run, they are dangerous at the speeds
they are driven and

OOOOOps I was jumping up and down so much my soap box broke.