Maplight

To: Spit-list <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Maplight
From: "Wayne H. Francis" <francis@legacyvisions.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Jun 2000 14:48:46 -0700
Listers -
     In the years that I've had the '79 1500, it was always an
annoyance, but not a crisis, that the maplight was always on
illuminating the passenger side of the car when the headlights were on.
I always assumed there was an "off" switch somewhere that I would find
someday.  The Spit User Manual says "An adjustable map reading light
located on the fascia can be illuminated by moving the light body whilst
the instrument lighting circuit is operative".  Well, I've moved the
body quite a bit and it just stays on...looks like a single hot wire
feeding the light and upon disassembly can't find anything that would
function as a switch.  Help?
Wayne Francis
Ojai, CA
50 MGTD