Loose Cars !!

To: "Spitfires Listserv" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Loose Cars !!
From: "John & Judy Tones" <jtones@home.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2000 21:31:34 -0700
A lot has to do with how tight all the random nuts and bolts are that
comprise the sum total of our LBC's. I was very surprised at how many
rattles we eliminated on my sons 1500 a while back by just going over the
body and chassis tightening everything, replacing the missing fittings and
adjusting the door latches. One of the biggest changes was when we got the
"radio" center bracket secured to the frame and dash properly, that really
reduced the "cowl shake and rattle". Since it is rather difficult to get
some of the bolts back in, I'm certain PO's have left out a lot of what they
have considered was unnecessary hardware.
Anyway, if it rattles it must be running and on the road so that's a
positive sign for sure !!
Enjoy your ride and only become concerned when the parts actually fall off
and hit the Beemer that's tailgating you !!!