Re: Bumps a plenty

To: Laura Gharazeddine <Laura.G@141.com>
Subject: Re: Bumps a plenty
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2000 00:09:38 -0400
Laura Gharazeddine wrote:

> But, that's what I love about these cars-feeling every little
> pebble in the road and feeling how the car re-acts to that. When
> I drive something that doesn't feel like that, I don't feel quite
> at one with the car, and don't fell quite in control of the whole thing!

  I think these are two very different things though.

  I beleive you are referring to a taut sportscar that
transmits the feel of the road to the driver, we all want
that.

  The problem here is that "bucket of bolts" feeling that
makes every part of the car shake and rattle.

  You can, and should, have the former without the latter. However,
that's a tough goal to acheive with body-on-frame cars due
to their design. (and some might say "lack of design").

--
Trevor Boicey, P. Eng.
Ottawa, Canada, tboicey@brit.ca