Re: UNLEADED PETROL- What's the Fuss??

To: BILL McDEVITT <wmmk1@informatics.net>
Subject: Re: UNLEADED PETROL- What's the Fuss??
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 02:59:47 -0400
BILL McDEVITT wrote:
> So I will continue to
> use the additive as I have done for 12 years.  Bill

  Without "malice", how much has 12 years worth of additive
cost you?

  Generally, the worst that can happen with unleaded is
that you MAY suffer valve recession and need valve work
after a while.

  Valve work is generally not expensive, especially if
you do the grunt work yourself by removing the head and
bringing it to the machine shop.

  12 years of putting additives in the tank at every
fill very likely has cost more than fixing the valves
if they receeded would have. As well, there is a very large
chance you wouldn't have needed anything, which could
have made the whole process free!

--
Trevor Boicey, P. Eng.
Ottawa, Canada, tboicey@brit.ca