Re: Horn Relay

To: Craig Smith <CraigS@iewc.com>, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Horn Relay
From: Fred Griffiths <griffco@mail.cadvision.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2000 08:23:46 -0600
Hi Craig,
    From crawling around inside my '71 MK IV during rebuilds (and a little help
from my Haynes manual) - here is what I know.
Refer to Fig 10.60, page 254 of Haynes.

Purple/black lead from horn contact ring inside the steering column goes into a
bullet connector just under the dash.   It should stay purble/black to the horm
relay on the firewall.  There it connects to one pin, M1, at the bottom of the
relay.  The centre pin, C2 (or perhaps S2) has 2 purple wires (from fuse and
hazard flasher).  Top double pins, C1, have purple/yellow leads going to the
horns.

Hope to be of help,
Cheers, Fred

--