Re: Intakes

To: Carter Shore <clshore@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Intakes
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2000 07:14:43 -0700
Carter,
I just had 4 heads down to the machine shop. 3 were  from 1500s and one was
from an early 1296.  The machine shop checked out all 4
heads and determined that except for the size of the valves and the height of
the chambers, they were all the same.  I had my dual
Weber intake manifold port matched to the head that I ended up using.

Incidentally, the 15000 head that We decided upon started out measuring 50 ccs
but after shaving the head , porting and polishing it
ended up about 32 ccs.  We used the largest valves that could possible be fit
into the head and if looks account for anything, I'd say
that this thing should fly.  (But as we all know, looks only count for show and
not go)  :)

Joe

P.S. I also have an early 1296 intake (twin HS2's) on The 1500 head that sits
atop Huxley's engine.