Z-bars (I think I got one from the vending machine the other day)

To: "'spitfires@autox.team.net'" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Z-bars (I think I got one from the vending machine the other day)
From: "Oliver, Chris MAJ" <chris.oliver@monroe.army.mil>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2000 14:31:40 -0400
Don't laugh at Terry's idea of having a spring to keep the camber in check.
I had a Mercedes when I was stationed in Germany, a 1964 230.  MB
independent rear end used two coil springs with shocks on the axles, and a
big Hydraulic cylinder "spring" to keep the camber in check.  I had one fail
going down the autobahn at about 100mph, lots of sparks, and burnt rubber.
The replacement was a real heavy coil spring that looked like a toilet roll
spring on steroids.  Oh well, back to lurk mode.  Chris