RE: MG Midget vs. Spitfire

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: MG Midget vs. Spitfire
From: "Simmons, Reid W" <reid.w.simmons@intel.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2000 10:26:53 -0700
I raced a Sprite and own a Spitfire.  The Spitfire is "hands-down" better
looking than the Sprite which in turn is better looking than the Midget
(don't like the extra polished aluminum trim).  I think the best looking
Sprite was the MK I "bug-eye" but I put that car in a class by itself.  The
worst looking Sprite/Midgets are the ones with the higher ride height and
the big, ugly, bumpers.  However all three are very "adorable" cars (after
all they are LBCs!).  As far as the handling of each goes I think it depends
on one's style of driving whether or not you prefer one over the other.

I still would take any one of the three over any Jappy car ever made.

...and a Bug-Eyed Sprite Is still number one on my list of cars that I want
(crave) to acquire.

Reid
'79 Spitfire (original owner)