Electronic Ignition Module Needed - Emergency!

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Electronic Ignition Module Needed - Emergency!
From: "David Stewart" <dstewar1@twcny.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2000 19:32:44 -0400
Fellow Listers:

I'm in a real pickle.  I've sold my 1980 Spitfire to a gentleman from
Oklahoma.  He flew to Syracuse, NY with his wife to drive my little beauty
home.  Wouldn't you know?  It suddenly runs horribly, only after getting
hot.  Seemed like it was getting no fuel.  We replaced the fuel filter - no
change.  We took the carbs apart - nothing obviously wrong.  Good pressure
on the line, bowls equally full of fuel.  Plugs look perfect.  Replaced the
coil - no change.  The only thing left we can think of is the module.

Anybody have other suggestions?  Anybody in the Central New York area have
either a replacement module I could buy TONIGHT or TOMORROW, or a Pertronix
unit for a Lucas distributor?

Please, any help would be most appreciated.  These poor folks need to get
back to Oklahoma, and it's beginning to look like a truck with a tow dolly
is the only alternative (at an additional cost of $800!!!).

Thanks to all,
David Stewart
Brewerton, NY