temp gauge funny readings

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: temp gauge funny readings
From: JeffreyLos@aol.com
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 01:21:29 EDT
Spitlist:
My temperature gauge seemed to be just fine until a couple of days ago.
Typically read around 3/4 when driving. Now, as sson as I turn the key with a
cold engine it reads 3/4 immediately and within a short drive is up to the
red mark. Is this the gauge, the sender, or the thermostat? I don't think the
engine is actually getting very hot, but driving around with the needle on
red is disconcerting none the less. If it is the gauge, can the calibration
be changed? Seems strange that the thing would suddenly go haywire. Any
thoughts are appreciated.

Jeff
Portland, Oregon
72 Spitfire