Re: removing fuel sender unit?

To: Ree Gurley <reegurley@mindspring.com>
Subject: Re: removing fuel sender unit?
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 01:39:49 -0400
Ree Gurley wrote:

> Jeff,  I recently had to replace the leaking float in my sender.  I tapped
> the prong thingys CCW to release the unit.  Rather than risk a spark from a
> metal punch, I used a piece of scrap nylon block against the prong, tapping
> same with the hammer (A brass punch, if you have one handy, is probably
> easier).

  Incidently, most tool shops sell brass punches to do
this job. I got a set of three for a couple of bucks,
they are specifically labelled something like "no spark
punches" or something, they don't have to be fancy as
you don't use them much or with very much intensity.

  It's probably not difficult to find something around the
house to use as a brass punch. A brass hinge pin from any
door in the house is a good start. ;>

--
Trevor Boicey, P. Eng.
Ottawa, Canada, tboicey@brit.ca