Re: New Vicky Brit - New math and other mysteries

To: john@triumphspitfire.com, Spit-flyers <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: New Vicky Brit - New math and other mysteries
From: Bob Sykes <stan.part@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 20:11:45 -0700
John Goethert wrote:

> On a related subject, I have been told by a reliable source that the
> manufacturer of Pacesetter is/was having problems making the Spitfire
> headers. The jig was off and they made a bunch that did not fit the cars;
> they hit the frame. The problem should be corrected by now but is worth an
> ask before buying.

I've seen a couple of these Pacesetters with this problem.  The last one
I bought wasn't even close to fitting.  It hit the frame and leaked.
:-(

I noticed a couple of other mysteries with the new VB catalog.  The car
on
the front;  It seems to be US spec. (LHD, amber park/turn lenses) but no
side-lights (I'm referring to the US only side marker lights).  Also,
the
approx. model year is hard to tell.  It doesn't have the '75 and later
large 'tits' on the front, but the door handles and seats seem to
indicate
a later model 1500... curious.

VB has an interesting discount on the "Minator" wheels (pg. 31)  You can
buy one wheel for $149.95 or "Save Money... Buy The Complete Set!" for
$599.95

--
LBC'ing U,
Bob (& Spitfires)