Re: Okay class, here's the question...

To: Jeff McNeal <jmcneal@ohms.com>
Subject: Re: Okay class, here's the question...
From: dave jenkins <me@davejenkins.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 22:33:40 -0600
Jeff,

1. It would be cheaper to rent the flatbed truck there in San Diego for a daily
rate (Utah is about $45/day), drive to AZ, pick up the project, and drive it
home.  You're probably looking at 12 hours each way (what part of AZ?), so two
days = $90 plus hotel and meals. . .

2. You might also try to find a trucker who is hauling something from San Diego
to AZ and is empty coming home.  I doubt there are that many, but see if you
could find an independent trucker's network or something out there in the
ever-expanding-ball-of-hot-gas (a.k.a. The Internet).  He might do it, but you'd
have to pay him . . .

3. Call Union Pacific.  They may have freight rates or something.  But your
friend in AZ would have to get the car on the train . . .

FWIW,

Dave