175 CD2 carb questions

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: 175 CD2 carb questions
From: JeffreyLos@aol.com
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 00:27:32 EDT
Hello list,
A few days ago I posted a message about my 175 CD2 carb (TR6) fitted to my 72
Spitfire. I didn't think this was too uncommon, but now I'm not so sure.
Could anyone on the list respond if they have this carb on their Spitfire
either now or in the past. Just curious how much of a hybrid this is. Any
carb gurus on the list, please comment on any concerns you think I should
have in having this vs a 150 or other standard carb setup. Finally, I rebuilt
this carb a few weeks ago and replaced the needle valve since I was getting
gas dripping out of the bowl (exiting out of the air filter) after driving a
few miles. The rebuild seemed to fix this. Went driving tonight and had the
same thing happen when I got back. The car restarts after 3-4 cranks, but
sounds flooded. Other info: the floats (travel) were set to spec when I
rebuilt it; there is a water choke, new K&N filter for a 175 carb, and I just
replaced the muffler with a stock unit. What else could cause this condition?
Any comments for this learning -as -I- go Spitfire owner very appreciated.
TIA
Jeff
Portland , OR