Re: Engine cutting out... And a sad announcement

To: "spitfires@autox.team.net" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Engine cutting out... And a sad announcement
From: "alemen@pop.ftconnect.com" <alemen@pop.ftconnect.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2000 12:25:35 -0400
Curtis, Since no one else sent a reply  on the technical side, from my limited
technical knowledge I'll try. Also it's strange that my car started to do the
same last night. Especially after she was running so nice and smooth that I got
her through DEQ.

Felt as though the old points were going, except there are no points and your
car should not have either. I suspect the vacuum advance as it is also worse at
low revs and the idle has dropped. If your idle has also dropped I would
suspect the same. If she runs rough and lumpy at idle then it sounds like it's
the first place to check. Sounds like timing or a fuel supply. I did once have
bad gas and had a blocked filter, but that completey stopped the engine and was
not speed related.

If the clutch slips then the revs go up and the car's speed doesn't, so I doubt
if it's that. I have unfortunately had that happen as well on a Triumph.

Alan