Re: Air conditioning !

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Air conditioning !
From: HD50EL@aol.com
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2000 21:20:59 EDT
In my opinion the easiest way to vent engine heat is to have the bonnet
louvered. It lets the heat from the engine escape, and in turn reduces the
heat inside the car. Many Jaguar XKEs had their bonnets louvered because of
overheating due to the small opening in front of the radiator (Spitfires have
a similar deficiency in the area). In fact, I'm probably going to have the
bonnet on my Spitfire louvered to help prevent any overheating problems I may
have in the future, and not to mention that a good louver job looks pretty
sharp in my opinion.

John C. Smith
75 Spitfire "Bad Mojo"