DGV emissions question

To: Spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: DGV emissions question
From: Glenn Trunnell <trunnell@mindspring.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2000 23:30:47 -0400
Hi everbody,

I've almost decided to install a Weber DGV on my car, but I want to be able
to make it emissions legal, that is to keep all the emissions installed and
working with the new carb and avoid having to swap the original carb back
on at emissions time. My head has the air injection ports so that is not a
problem, but I have a few question for anybody who has a DGV installed on a
late model 1500.

1) I have a friend who can fabricate an EGR tube to run from the EGR valve
(which is mounted on the side of my exhaust manifold versus the top) to the
new inlet manifold.  I cah have a hole drilled and tapped to accept the
banjo fitting or a swagelock type fitting to plumb the pipe in.  Does the
DGV carb have a vacuum outlet that can be connected to the EGR valve to
turn it on and off?  I don't think that a vacuum advance port will work as
it would open the EGR at high manifold vacuum (idle) instead of at high rpm
where it is needed.

2) Does the DGV manifold have a vacuum port that I can connect the air pump
bypass valve signal line to?  On my current setup this line plugs right
into a fitting on the intake manifold.

3) I don't currently run a vacuum advance, but if I decide to go back to
using one, does the DGV offer a port for it?

4) I currently have a manual choke. How good is the DGV electric choke?
Does it require anything more than a 12V supply wire?

Any and all information would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Glenn Trunnell