<no subject>

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: <no subject>
From: "R.D. Waid" <msp01091@isd.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2000 19:53:06 -0500
Listers,
My non-retracting OE seatbelt (passenger side) has lost the plastic cover on the
tensioner (lap portion). Without the cover, the little bar that holds the belt
in tension falls out, and the belt is more useless than usual. I can see that
the plastic on the driver's side is similarly deteriorated and will probably
fail soon. Any recommendations on replacement?
Has anybody done the JC Whitney non-retracting (and cheap!) lap-shoulder
combination belt (the one with the happy-looking lady in the illustration)? I
would prefer minimal hole drilling in my car's aging body structure for new
anchors, or whatever. Are any pieces of the OE belts available? I don't see them
at the Big 3, but haven't checked my Rimmer Bros. catalog yet.

Thanks in Advance,
Bob Waid
71 Mark IV FK4081L