Su Tuning

To: "Spit Elist" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Su Tuning
From: "Ken C" <sdspitfire@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2000 16:16:26 -0700
Spitsters,

Just got back from a test drive after installing dual SU HS2's on the '72
Spit. They replaced the 150 Stromberg. An amazing difference, simply amazing
!! The Spit came alive !!

Just get the 'minor' rear end noise taken care of and, Jeff, look out, I
should be able to stay with you.

Of course, a question. I tuned them up by the book (Haynes), also using a
vacuum gauge. They tuned up just fine. Took the car out on the road and it
runs great. Finishing the drive in the driveway waiting for the garage door
to open, the idle slooowly started to drop from the 1000rpm I had it set at,
to where the engine almost stalled. Any ideas why this is happening ?

A side note... I dug out the ancient Heathkit auto 'scope and the thing
still works ! The Spit is the only car I have that it will function with,
but it works great. It has pointed out a bit of distributor wobble on the
primary side. Time for a pointless ignition.

Ken C