Re: Rear brake adjustment

To: spitfires@autox.team.net, Gosling_Richard_B@perkins.com
Subject: Re: Rear brake adjustment
From: "Nolan Penney" <npenney@mde.state.md.us>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 11:47:17 -0400
The adjuster is just a tapered bolt that forces the shoes apart.  I think it's
flat on four sides to give a semi-positive lock in positioning it.  The
adjustment from locked to free isn't usually as precise and clear as the manual
describes because of inconsistencies.  Things like the drum being slightly out
of round and such.