she will now run

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: she will now run
From: "Fred Thomas" <vafred@erols.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 12:49:49 -0400
Thanks very much to the many replies I received on my carb/running problems,
I have no idea what corrected the problem, as I did most of the check list
that I was advised to do, including a carb kit, filter, blow-out all the
lines, new needle, cleaned the by-pass valve, and the compensator extra
good, she runs with just a little bit of hesitation above 55 mph, I think I
can adjust this out. The carb had become accustomed to a warped exhaust
manifold and was running extra rich, after all the replacements, I first
adjusted the carb rich, then slowly started leaning it out, all under
running conditions, until she ran fine through the gears, it also starts
after sitting the way it should, no idea what was wrong to begin with, but,
what can anyone say, except this list is unbelievable, many thanks to "ALL"
for your help and advice.  "FT"